Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Orange Chicken Teriyaki

Here is another winner when it comes to cooking in the crock pot. I think the thing I like the most about this recipe, besides it's unique wonderful flavor, is that I already had all the ingredients in my kitchen. I love when I don't have to go to the store to make something quick when I don't have the time. So here is a recipe for just those occasions. I hope you like it as much as we did. Oh and I actually cooked this at the hotel when we were living there. I hope the aroma didn't bother the other guests too much. :]

Orange Chicken Teriyaki



Ingredients

2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
1 large onion, minced

3 teaspoons garlic, minced

1/4 cup braggs liquid aminos

1 cup orange juice

1/4 cup organic brown sugar

1/4 coup honey

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

1 unpeeled orange, sliced into thin slices

2 tablespoons corn starch

Cooked rice, or quinoa

Directions

Place onions and garlic in crock pot. Place chicken on top. Mix braggs, honey, orange juice, organic brown sugar, corn starch, and ginger together and pour over chicken. Cover with thinly sliced oranges. Cook on high setting for 4 hours or low setting for 8 hours. When chicken is cooked through serve over rice or quinoa, and enjoy!!!

Adapted from betterrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment