Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Slow-Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos

Here is another wonderful recipe for the crock pot/slow cooker. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love the slow cooker for the summer so the over and stove don't heat up the house on those really hot days. We haven't have very many hot days yet this summer. But we have had one so I pulled out the crock pot. I thought this would be too spicy for my kids at first, but it wasn't. It has the perfect kick to it and a slight sweet after taste. I loved it and so did my kids!


Slow-Cooker Chili Chicken Tacos

Ingredients

2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast

4 teaspoons garlic, minced

1/2 cup prepared tomato salsa

2 tablespoons diced green chiles (I used the one in the small 4 0z can)

2 teaspoons chili powder

2 Roma tomatoes, diced

1 teaspoon dried cilantro leaves

1 teaspoon salt

Tortillas

favorite taco toppings

Directions

In slow cooker/crock pot, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, tomatoes, cilantro, and salt. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Before serving remove chicken and shred using two forks and return to slow cooker. Serve in corn, whole wheat, or brown rice tortillas with toppings and enjoy!!

original recipe from www.delish.com

No comments:

Post a Comment