Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday!!



Now that summer is in full swing around our house I find myself more and more busy. It can get like that during the school year too. But it is a little different in the summer time. Mostly, I think, because I want to be out enjoying the sunshine just as much as my children do.

When you first start cooking more healthy and cut out fast food and processed foods, it can seem like it takes for ever to get dinner on the table. So today for our Wisdom I thought I would share some tips and things that I do to help make things a little easier and go more quickly when it comes to getting dinner on the table.

The first thing I do is, I always have a salad ready in the fridge. I wash my lettuce and cut it up at the beginning of the week and put it in an airtight container in the fridge. I usually will add cut up carrots to it, but the other vegetables I don't add until we sit down to eat. That way the lettuce will stay nice and fresh and won't wilt. By doing this I don't have to prepare a salad everyday, it's already to go.

Second I always have vegetables and fruit on hand. This takes care of the other sides for dinner and cuts your time down if you were trying to prepare another side each night.

With just those two simple things it cuts out a lot of your preparation time and stress. Now you just have to worry about the main dish. And on really busy nights, when it's already 6 p.m. and I don't have time to cook anything, I just run down the street to the grocery store and buy a rotisserie chicken for the main dish and dinner is ready in less than 15 minutes.

I hope those tips are helpful for you and your family. If you have a tip you would like to share I would love to hear about it. Happy Healthier Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment