Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Low Gluten (LG) Flour mix

I guess before I post more and more recipes I should let you know what I use for my Low Gluten flour mix. With any flour that don't have gluten or has low gluten you really need to mix them. Gluten is a binding agent in food. There are a few things I've made with just Barley flour, I'll post those later, but for the most part you need a mix. There are tons of mixes out there that are great, but they all have one problem. They all have a little yeast in them. Now yeast isn't bad in most cases, but there are so many people with Candida problems (yeast overgrowth) that there should be other options too. I love this mix, he calls it Brandon's Flour, and it is what I use. It has great flavor. I haven't tried it in his bread but I love it in Healthy Bread in five minutes a day, I'll post about that too. I use their Gluten free low yeast version, oh so yummy!
So anywho, when I say LG flour mix this is what I use.

6 cups spelt flour
2 cups kamut flour
2 cups rice flour
1/2 cup oat grouts flour
Mix all flours well and set aside for use when baking

No comments:

Post a Comment