Sunday, March 28, 2010

Vegetable Chicken Penne


Vegetable Chicken Penne

For dinner tonight I wanted to use lots of veggies. My kids love noodles, and we needed a meat. So this is what I came up with. My kids loved it, even my husband (who is sometimes harder to please). It might seem like there is a lot of garlic but when you saute it in the beginning it cooks out most of the flavor. I also cooked two different kinds of penne noodles, rice for me and whole wheat for the rest of the family. Either taste great with the sauce.


Ingredients
1 box Rice Penne (can use whole wheat penne)
½ yellow bell pepper cut up
½ red bell pepper cut up
½ green bell pepper cut up
1 cup cut up broccoli
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, slightly drained
½ small onion minced
2-3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp parsley
2 T butter (I used I can't believe it's not butter spray)
Dash of garlic salt
Parmesan cheese

Directions
Boil penne pasta according to directions and set aside. While penne is cooking sauté garlic and onion in butter in large sauce pan. When onions turn translucent turn heat down to medium low and add chicken. Cover with lid, stirring occasionally. When chicken is cooked through add all bell peppers, broccoli, and cover. Let steam for about 5 minutes until peppers are cooked to your liking. Add diced tomatoes, stir well and uncover. Cook for 2 minutes to warm tomatoes. Add soup and parsley, stir well. Bring to a boil. Add salt. Serve over Penne, top with parmesan cheese.

Amy Young 3.28.2010

No comments:

Post a Comment