Thursday, July 14, 2011

Grilled Chicken with Tomato and Cucumbers

My tomatoes are growing in my garden, green but still growing. And I saw my first cucumber starting a few days ago. I've been experimenting with recipes that I can use my own veggie in once they finally are ripe. I found this recipe on disneyfamily.com. It's really easy to make, simple to put together, and has a very light but filling taste to it. It's one of those yummy summer dishes you can make and it doesn't add heat to your already hot kitchen. :] Try it you'll love it!

Grilled Chicken with Tomato and Cucumbers

Ingredients

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped, about 1/2 cup

1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped, bout 1/4 cup

2 tablespoons finely chopped onion

2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh or dried cilantro

1 tablespoon lime juice

1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

Heart grill over medium flame, or coals

In a medium bowl toss together tomatoes, cucumber, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

While those flavors marry together, cook chicken on grill until no longer pink in center; about 7-8 minutes per side (make sure while turning chicken you do NOT poke holes in it. It will cause the juices of the chicken to dry and it will not be moist. ALWAYS turn chicken with tongs). Drain salsa if necessary. Serve over chicken and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment