Friday, October 29, 2010

Fun Food Find Friday!!

Our Fun Food Find for today is Hansen's Natural Cane Soda. I know I've said this before but, I'm not a big soda fan. We don't really drink it in our home. But there are some occasions that we do have it. One of those is when we go camping. While growing up we always had lots of drinks when we went camping. It's fun to have lots of different drinks and juices besides water. So when I found these I was excited to be able to do that for my kids too! They don't have caffeine. The sugar they use it cane sugar. I'm not quite sure what stage of the sugar that is. But I like that they only have a few ingredients. My kids really like these. I think they have great flavor when they're flat, but I've always liked my pop to be a little flat without so much fizz. :]
You can buys these at the health food stores and at Costco.

Just a side note:
Tomorrow is when I'm going to take my kids trick-or-treating. I always have people ask me what I do about all of the sugar. So I'd thought I would share what I do with you.
I have a Halloween store. I buy toys and little things that I know my kids want. I even let them pick out some of the stuff. If it's a big toy, like one Santa would bring, then that is all they get. If it's a smaller toy they might be able to get more than one. So when they get home from trick-or-treating they use their candy as money to buy things out of my store. I let them also trade me for treats that I've shared with you on Fun Food Fridays, but only a few here and there.
So there you have it, that is what we do with all of the sugar. If we get home early enough I give out my kids candy (after they give it to me for their toys) to other trick-or-treaters that come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment