Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Peach Crisp

This year I put up 1 and a half bushels of peaches. I also made some delicious peach leather. Then I thought what else can I do with these peaches? I love peach cobbler, but I didn't want to get my dutch ovens out. So I found this recipe for a peach crisp. I loved that it didn't have hardly any fat in it, so easy to make changes to. It turned out wonderful! I even took some to a baby blessing and they loved it. I especially like that the crust is a little thicker. I'm one of those people that like the cake part. What a yummy fall treat with peaches!
Peach Crisp
Ingredients
4 cups sliced and peeled fresh peaches
1/2 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
2/3 cup evaporated cane juice
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon xantham gum
2 eggs
2 tablespoons melted butter
3 teaspoons evaporated cane juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F. Spray an 8 inch square baking dish with non stick cooking spray. In a bowl, combine the peaches, orange juice, organic brown sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Transfer to prepared dish. Combine the flour, evaporated cane juice, baking powder, and xantham gum. Add eggs and butter and mix until crumbly. Sprinkle over peaches. Combine the 3 teaspoons of evaporated cane juice and the 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over crumb mixture. Bake for 55 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment