Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chicken Chili

Now that the weather is getting colder, I thought I'd start cooking some of the delicious soups, stews, and chili's that are out there. When I looked online for a good chicken chili recipe, there were tons. But there wasn't one that I thought sounded good just as is or with a few changes. So I took what I had read and pieced a few together with some of my changes and this is what happened. If I must say so, this is the best chicken chili I've ever tasted! I'm not a huge hot spice fan, and this isn't the hottest, but it did have some heat to it. Just enough to make it a chili and to clean your pallet, but not so much that you couldn't finish you bowl. It is a wonderfully warming chili. Serve it with my Corn Bread found here.
Chicken Chili
Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
1 tablespoon butter
1 yellow onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 15oz can black beans, drained
1 14oz can great Northern beans, drained
2 14oz cans diced tomatoes with green chiles
1 14oz can chicken broth
1/4 cup organic brown sugar
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tablespoon ground cumin
1/2 tablespoon dried cilantro
dash of salt
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
Directions
In a large sauce pan cook the chicken in butter for about 5 minutes, then add onion, garlic, and peppers. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in center. Transfer to a large pot on stove top. Add the black beans, northern beans, tomatoes, chicken broth, brown sugar, vinegar, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, and salt. Stir well. Cook on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment