Monday, February 14, 2011

Chocolate Covered Eatable Roses

Happy Valentine's Day!!
I hope that today you have lots of good, fun, and a little healthier food! :]
A couple of years ago I wanted to give some of my friends something a little different for Valentine's Day. I don't remember where I saw the idea for eatable roses, but I knew it was the way to go. Who doesn't love roses that you can eat?! I haven't been able to find a healthier substitute for the red and pink dipping chocolates. So if you know of any, please let me know about them. For now, this is how they are. I really like the way they look, and what can get better than chocolate covered strawberries for dessert?! :] Hope you like them. Chocolate Covered Eatable Roses
Ingredients
Fresh Strawberries, washed
Red dipping chocolate
Pink dipping chocolate
skewers
Green food coloring
1/4 cup water
Q-tips
Directions
Pull off the leaves of the strawberries. Do NOT cut off the leaves, they will not look like rose buds if you cut the strawberries. Add greed food coloring to water. Do as many drops as you need to make it as dark as you need it. Then, using a Q-tip, paint the skewers green. Insert a painted skewer into the strawberry where the stem used to be. Melt the chocolates according to packages directions. Dip the strawberries into the melted chocolate. As you finish dipping slightly spin the strawberry making the chocolate create lines. This makes the rose look more like a rose bud. Stick the now covered strawberry into a vase, or cup, or Styrofoam for drying. Once the chocolate is dried and set up, they are ready to go. I like to put them with real babies breath and leaves, just like real roses. Be creative and Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment