Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday!!

5 Most Popular Supplements

Two weeks ago I talked about a program that can help you, a little, to know what vitamins/supplements you should be taking. So when I came across this article I thought you might find it interesting. It lists the 5 most popular supplements and or vitamins that people are taking. The first thing to start the list surprised me, it was Fish oil. I thought for sure it would be a multi vitamin, but that came in second. Fish oil is important because it has the omegas that are essential for your body. I was really glad to see that Vitamin D came in third, and then Calcium was right behind it in fourth. Both of those are extremely important. To find out more about vitamin D, I talked about it on a previous Wisdom Wednesday, click here. You can click here to see the whole article on the most popular supplements. I hope that you are looking at the food that you are eating and the vitamins/supplements you are or are not taking. It is important for our health to be getting the essentials. And on that note, here's to a Happier Healthier all around you!

2 comments:

  1. Be careful on the Vitamin D (or any supplement for that matter). I was encouraged by a friend to take 3000-5000 IU's a day and I thought it made me have more energy and feel great. After several months I began having severe joint pain -worse in the night. I went to the Dr, and thinking I might have Rhumetoid Arthritis they ran several blood tests. I was poisining myself with Vitamin D. All the blood tests were normal with the exception of the Vit D which was extremely high. He had me stop the Vit D immediately. Within 2 weeks, my joint pain had disappeared almost completely. I won't deny I'm a little leary now of taking supplements unmonitored. I'm extremely healthy so why do I fall for these fads? Moderation in all things is a good motto!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn, Thank you for your comment! I think you make two very important points. You should talk to your doctor. I've said before that it's not good to just buy supplements from the grocery store. I'm so glad that you talked to your doctor about it and was honest about what you were taking. Some people might not have gone. My point was simply to help people to be aware of their health, sounds like you already are, good for you! And you're right I love the moto modration in all things. :]

    ReplyDelete