Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday!!

Supplements

No matter how healthy you are eating there is a good chance you are not getting the vitamins, minerals, and nutrients your body needs. I've talked before about how our soil today is depleted, so our vegetables and food do not contain the amounts of nutrients they used to have. But that is not what I wanted to talk about today. Today I wanted to talk about Supplements.
I came across this article that talks about a new program that Dr. Well has set up. If you go here, to his web site it has a test you can take. Then depending on your answers it tells you what supplements your body needs the most. I've taken the test and though I do like that something is out there to help, I felt that it was missing some key questions. It never asked me my weight or my height. It didn't ask me what I eat on a regular basis beside how many servings of fruits and veggies and dairy I consume a day. For example it didn't ask me about any grains I eat. It did how ever suggest some supplements that I already take and I know that I need to take. It is a great way to start if you have never taken supplements before. It's a free test, and of course they want you to buy their products, which is completely up to you. I am not giving you this information so that you go and buy their products. I'm simply trying to help you be aware of what is out there and what your body needs to be healthy. After you take the test then you can decide on what supplements to take. I do, however, recommend that you do not buy your supplements from the grocery store. The supplements at the Health Food stores, such as Good Earth which is located near me, are better than grocery store supplements. But my suggestion to you is to do some research on other companies and buy from them. I get some of my supplements from a Doctor that I have to buy from him at his office. I buy some of my supplements from another Doctor, Dr. Klassen, that you can buy online. You can find his products here. I also buy some from Dr. Young, here. Again I am not saying to go and buy from them. This is just some information that I thought would be helpful for you and your quest to become more healthy. The rest is up to you. Just remember that it is important to take supplements and when you do remember to tell your Doctor about them and what you are taking when you go visit him or her. Also, if you are taking any medications, ask your pharmacist if there are any herbs that shouldn't be taken with your medication. Then make sure there isn't any of that herb in your supplement. Knowledge is power!

No comments:

Post a Comment