Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday!!

Okay I'm going to talk about it. I didn't think that I would, but I found this article, and I wanted to talk a little bit about it and.... Losing Weight.
It's January, the month where people make their New Years resolutions. Most people make a resolution to loose weight. I'll admit I have, in years past, and by that I mean the last time I made a goal to loose weight was about 5 years ago. Since then it's been more about being healthy and making healthy decisions. If you do that then the weight will come off. This year I've heard a lot of different people talk about eating the same things that you are already eating, just eat 1/3 less then you usually do. It's a good idea, but if you are eating fast food all of the time and then only eat 3/4 of the bacon cheese burger, then it's really not going to help you loose weight. Your body is still getting a large amount of fat and not the vitamins and minerals it needs. I truly believe that you first have to be eating the right foods, then start looking at how much you are eating. I think that is enough on that topic.
So now back to the article. It is entitled, "What does a 1,500 Calorie Day look like?" It has a picture of three meals and some snacks that all add up to 1,500 calories. The foods are not empty calories, they are healthy foods rich with vitamins and minerals. The thing that I found the most interesting about this article, something I didn't know, was actually setting your goals based on a specific calorie count. For example did you know that if you want to maintain your current weight, you multiply your current weight by 12 and that is the calorie intake you should be eating every day? I didn't know that. I did the math for my own weight just to see what it would be, and to be honest, most days I don't know if I get that many calories. I'm going to start counting them. But I also don't work out as much as I should. At the end of the article it talks a little bit about adjusting calories if you are very active or not. If you are active and exercise, which is very healthy and good for your body, then you need to bump up the calories a little at a time until you are satisfied, not starving. I do like this article because it gives some good suggestions on breakfast, lunch, dinner, and some snacks. Of course you can also take some of the things away such as cheese and add more fruits or vegetables to help fill you up and take away some of the calories, if you're not feeling like you're getting enough food.
So there you go. That is my little 10 cents on dieting. Go check out the article for more helpful information and remember Happier Healthier Eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment