Monday, January 24, 2011

Poultry Seasoning

I had never even heard of Poultry Seasoning before. So when I wanted to make a recipe that called for it, what did I do? I went to the Internet to see if I could make some of my own. I found tons of recipes, but none of them sounded good, and I didn't have all of the ingredients that some were calling for. So I made up my own version. I like it, and I think it turned out just wonderful! I can't wait to use it in other recipes.
Poultry Seasoning
Ingredients
2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
1 tablespoon dried sage
1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
Directions
Mix all ingredients in a small air tight container, and store.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe! I bought some when my Mother in law showed me how she made her stuffing and turkey. I love it when I can create the same thing with seasonings I already have. I did that with pumpkin spice when I didn't have any. Ahh where would we be without the internet he he.

    ReplyDelete