Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday!!

Pesticides
A couple of weeks ago I posted about the foods that you should be eating that are organic. I was going to leave it at that but the past few days there has been a study released that says Pesticides May Trigger ADHD. It's all over the news, radio, and Internet. The study was conducted on children ranging from age 5 to 18. They found, in urine samples, amounts of the pesticide Organophosphate. "Organophosphates are 'designed' to have toxic affects on the nervous system, says lead author of the study, Maryse Bouchard, PH.D., a researcher in the department of environmental and occupational heath at the University of Montreal. That's how they kill pests." quotes CNN health.
In the study there were several children that had higher amounts of the pesticides in their urine who also had ADHD and were taking medication for it. To me this makes since. If you are putting a chemical on our food that is supposed have toxic affects on the nervous system of the pests, then why wouldn't it have an affect on us too? It is just crazy that they are still allowing so much of the organophosphate residue on the food that they are selling to us. Click here and here for two more sources that talk more about the study.
Remember, like I said in my other post, if you can not afford to buy organic at least wash your fruit and vegetables in water with the essential oil Lemon to help completely clean it.
Another thing you can do for your own home is use organic products. Something that is good for you, for the environment, and will still get rid of the bugs. The product that I use at my house is FulvicBloom. It adds back the nutrients that are lacking in our soils today. It helps the plants be healthy enough to repeal the bugs and diseases on their own. Just like we try to do with our own bodies by eating healthy foods so we have a healthy immune system so we won't get sick.
It has been amazing! I spray it on my three fruit trees, on my lawn, and use it in my garden too. When I spray it on my lawn I don't have to make my kids leave or not allow them to play on it the rest of the day. Because it's an all natural product, they get right back to playing on it when I'm finished spraying.
Last year I did some testing with it in my garden. The nutrient value, measured using a refractometer, in my peas that I treated with FulvicBloom was significantly higher than those peas that were not treated. My dad and I are doing more testing with the product in our gardens this year. Go check them out here. The more people who know about the other natural products that are out there the better. Then maybe something will be done with the commercially grown foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment