Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Low Gluten Butterscotch Banana Oatmeal Cookies

These cookies are sinfully yummy and very addicting without the sin because they are also healthy! The original recipe comes from my Grandma McArthur. She had a handful of truly amazing recipes. This one was by far one of my favorites and now with my changes I think they're even better! They do have the butterscotch chips in them so that makes them a little less healthy than I like. But butterscotch is my favorite so I had to leave a little in them. :]
Jean's (Gluten Free) Butterscotch Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Ingredients
2 1/4 cups Low gluten flour mix
1/ 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup solid coconut oil
2 eggs
2 cups mashed bananas
3 cups oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
3/4 cup butterscotch chips
Directions
Preheat oven to 375*F.
Cream evaporated cane juice, eggs, and coconut oil. Make sure to scrap sides and bottom of bowl. Add bananas and mix well. Add remaining ingredients except for the chips. When mixed well, stir in chips. Chill in fridge for 5 minutes. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto greased cookie sheet. Then bake for 10 minutes or until cookies are set in the middle. Cool on cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment