Thursday, May 27, 2010

Strawberry Banana Buckwheat Pancakes

I love breakfast foods. Lately I have been experimenting with pancakes. These strawberry banana ones are so yummy! My kids and my husband loved them too. They are fat free and extremely healthy for you, and did I say yummy?! :] Hope you like them!
Strawberry Banana Buckwheat Pancakes
Ingredients
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup spelt flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/3 cup strawberry puree (add 2 teaspoons evaporated cane juice if strawberries are a little tart)
1 1/2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 1/4 cup rice milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
Preheat griddle to 375*. Add all dry ingredients to a medium size bowl and mix well. Add all of wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour onto greased preheated griddle. Turn when bubbles begin to pop and edges begin to dry. Serve with syrup or top with pureed strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment