Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crock pot Spaghetti Chicken

I love this recipe. Anything in the crock pot is good because it saves moms time. I got the original recipe from Heather Peterson, a woman my mother works with. I've had to change quite a bit with this recipe, so I also changed the name. I put spaghetti in it because I use the same dry ingredients from my mom's spaghetti from yesterday. It makes a lot but you wouldn't know that with my three Little's. I don't usually have left overs with this one.
Crock Pot Spaghetti Chicken
Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter (ICBINB spray)
1/2 cup water
1/2 tablespoon dried basil flakes
1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
2 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground garlic
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons honey
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1-2 oz Neufchatel cream cheese
Directions
Put chicken in crock pot. Mix basil, parsley, onion, oregano, garlic, salt, and honey in water until honey is dissolved and pour over chicken (it will be thick). Cover and cook in crock pot for 3 hours on high or 5-6 hours on low (if you cut up your chicken the cook time will be faster). Mix remaining ingredients and add to crock pot and continue cooking for 1 hour on high or 2 hours on low. Just before serving take chicken out and shred. Put chicken back into sauce and stir until covered. Serve over cooked quinoa.

No comments:

Post a Comment