Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hamp & Jean's Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is another amazing cookie recipe from my Grandma McArthur. I guess my Grandpa helped with these since his name appears in the title, but I'm not quite sure about that. Besides being very delicious, the dough of these cookies freezes very well. This picture was taken from frozen dough. I didn't let them warm up before I baked them. So that is why they look a little on the square side. What can I say I needed a cookie fix and I needed it right now!

Hamp & Jean's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
3 eggs
3/4 cup evaporated cane juice
3/4 cup organic brown sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, solid form
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 package carob chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 375*F. Cream eggs, evaporated cane juice, organic brown sugar, and coconut oil together. Add salt, baking powder, vanilla and 1 cup flour. Stir in 1-2 cups more flour until dough is still wet but not sticky. Thoroughly mix in carob chips. Scoop spoonfuls of dough onto cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.

Low Gluten version
Change: whole wheat flour to Low Gluten Flour mix.
Add: 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon guar gum or xanthan gum
Make sure to cool in fridge before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment