Thursday, May 13, 2010

Low Gluten Crusty Boule

I love this bread! It comes from Healthy Bread in Five Minutes A Day. It's the second book that was written. The first is Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day. If you haven't looked through these books, DO! The concept is amazing! I love mixing it up one day, sticking it in the fridge, and whenever I need to make something there is homemade dough ready to go! If you don't have the flours to make it or don't need to make it gluten free, they have wonderful recipes for whole wheat and white flour breads on their web site. Or you can buy their book or check it out from the library. I would do the library thing and if you like it that much you can buy it. :]
I did make their recipe once exactly how they said to. But you know me, I had to make some changes. The flours that they used didn't have a ton of flavor. I even took both mine and theirs to two different homes and most everyone like it with my changes a little better. It was too wet. I don't like to eat a lot of yeast, it's not that good for you. Just some things like that that I had to experiment with. I'm not going to give you the whole recipe. You really need to go here for that. I will however tell you what I changed. Then in later posts I'll share what I've done or used the dough for. Oh so yummy! Happy Eating!
Low Gluten Crusty Boule
My changes:
Flour: 6 cups LG flour mix
1/2 cup Sorghum flour
Substituted: 1/3 cup coconut oil
used honey, not sugar
Used only: 2 1/3 cups lukewarm water
1 tablespoon yeast (need longer rising time because of this)
Added: 1 1/2 teaspoon GF dough enhancer
After that just follow their directions and you're ready to go! If you have any questions just let me know. I have not tried their breads that are not gluten free, but my mother and sister-in-law use them all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment