Monday, May 10, 2010

Texas BBQ Chicken

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. When I get in a rut that is one of the websites that I like to browse though to find something different and new for my family to try. I like to mix it up some times. I really loved this recipe, after my changes of course. I will have to say that I am trying to use more of the hot spices. My husband loves hot food, and I don't. He even has his own section in our spice cupboard. Lately I'm finding my self going to his section. As long as I don't add too much it's really turning out great. Now... there are some that I just can't get myself to try. What can I say I'm a work in progress!
Texas BBQ Chicken
Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 tablespoons organic brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon dry ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon cumin
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 8oz can tomato sauce (salt added)
1/4 cup ketchup
1/8 cup water
2 cloves garlic, minced
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F. Place the chicken breasts in a single layer in a 9"x13" baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients for sauce. Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken breasts. Bake uncovered, for 35 minutes. Remove chicken breast, shred with a fork, and return to the sauce and stir. Bake for an additional 10 minutes so the chicken can soak up more flavor. Serve over rice, baked potato, or in bun for sandwiches (my husband really liked it in a sandwich).

No comments:

Post a Comment