Monday, May 17, 2010

Garden Vegetable Casserole

With summer here I just can't get enough of the amazing vegetables that are coming into season. This recipe really calls for the vegetables from your garden in the fall. But I couldn't help but make it at the beginning of the summer. :] I got the original recipe last year and I can't find it anywhere. I thought I got it off Studio 5 on ksl.com. But I can't find it there. Just know that I didn't make it all up on my own, just changed it a little here and there.
Garden Vegetable Casserole
Ingredients
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup chopped zucchini
1/3 cup whole kernel corn or chopped crookneck squash
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1/2 cup rice milk
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
Directions
Preheat oven to 400*F. Spray 8x8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of cheese into dish covering bottom. Top with zucchini, corn or squash, tomato and onion. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. In a separate bowl, combine pancake mix, rice milk, eggs, salt and pepper. Pour batter over vegetables. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
For Low Gluten
only change out flour to:
1 1/4 cup LG flour mix
and add:
1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum
everything else is the same

No comments:

Post a Comment