Thursday, May 6, 2010

Pop-Up Pancakes

Pop-up Pancakes was a family favorite when I was growing up. My dad didn't like them so when ever he went out of town that is what we had. It was the only thing good about him leaving. :] When I went to collage I learned that they are really called German Pancakes. I just love that my mom made everything fun for us when I was little. I still have a hard time calling them German Pancakes, after all they do pop-up!
This is what they look like right when you take them out of the oven.
Then when you cut and serve them they fall like this. It's nothing you did, it's just how they work. :] Don't they look yummy?!
Pop-up Pancakes

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter (ICBINB spray)
6 eggs
1 cup rice milk
1 cup whole wheat flour or Low Gluten mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
Directions
Preheat oven to 400*F. Melt butter. Pour half of butter into 9"x13" baking pan. Using your washed hands, spread butter over bottom and sides of pan. This works better than cooking spray. In a separate bowl beat eggs well. Then add four and mix well with. If you don't do this before adding the other ingredients it will not mix well! Add the remaining ingredients including the second half of the butter and mix well. Pour into the greased baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment