Thursday, March 31, 2011

Meatloaf Cup Cakes

A couple of years ago I made these meatloaf cup cakes for dinner on April Fools. I didn't want to make a frosting so I just used ketchup, which my kids always put on their meatloaf anyways. I didn't think that they looked that realistic, but my kids sure did. They thought it was the coolest thing that we were going to have dessert for dinner. Then they ate it and were confused but loved them anyways. The wrappers got a little greasy so that it why I added another wrapper on the outside of the cupcakes. Have fun and Happy April Fools Day tomorrow!


Meatloaf Cup Cakes


Ingredients

2 pounds lean ground beef

2 eggs

1/3 cup ketchup

3-5 tablespoons onion flakes

1 teaspoon salt

20-30 crackers, crumbled- either gluten free or Ritz work the same


Directions Preheat oven to 500* F. Place cup cake wrappers or liners in a cup cake tin. In a large bowl combine all ingredients well. If you need to add more crackers do so here. Form into large balls that will fill the cup cake tins 3/4 of the way full. Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are completely cooked and no longer pink in the center. Use ketchup for frosting, serve and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment