Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Quick and Easy Chicken

I love this chicken! The first time I made it, it had a spicy after taste. My husband, who loves spicy food, loved it! I thought it was good, but I didn't dare give it to my kids. They don't do that well with spicy food. The version I am sharing with you today is the one that I gave to my kids. It is sweet and savory without the extra kick. If you would like to try the extra kick at the end, just add 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground black pepper to the sauce. I know that sounds like it wouldn't really add any kick because it's just pepper, but trust me it really does. However you decide to make it, just make it, you'll love it!
Quick and Easy Chicken
Ingredients
1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasted, cubed
1 large yellow sweet pepper, cut into bite sized pieces
1 large red sweet pepper, but into bite sized pieces
1/2 heaping cup ketchup (gluten free)
7 tablespoons bragg's liquid aminos
1/2 cup honey
6 tablespoons lemon juice
Dash of ground black pepper
1/3 cup cold water
3 teaspoons cornstarch
2 cups cooked rice or quinoa
Directions
Saute onion, chicken, and peppers in butter until peppers are tender crisp and chicken is almost cooked through. In a separate bowl combine, ketchup, braggs, honey, lemon juice, and pepper; mix well until honey dissolves. Pour over chicken and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes. In a cup mix cold water with cornstarch until completely dissolved. Add to chicken mixture. Bring back to a boil and stir occasionally. Boil uncovered for 10 minutes until sauce slightly thickens. Pour over cooked rice or quinoa, and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment