Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones


My mom has a waffle cone maker. She made hundreds and hundreds of ice cream bowls for my sisters wedding where they served ice cream with different things to mix in the ice cream. It was so much fun, and the kids loved it. Ever since I've wanted to make ice cream cones with it. I didn't even know that the waffle cone maker came with a plastic cone shape to wrap the cookie around to shape it like a cone. Really I can't tell you how much fun my children and I had making these, even if it did take a few tries. :] We used the recipe that came with the waffle cone maker. It took a few tries with many different variations to make it more healthy. I loved how it finally turned out! I think they taste just like a waffle cone you get at the ice cream shop, minus the gluten and fat. :] So if you know someone with a waffle cone maker, or you can buy them here, try this recipe, so yummy!!
Gluten Free Ice Cream Cones
Ingredients
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cups evaporated cane juice
2 tablespoons applesauce
1 cup gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
In a bowl mix with a fork, the egg, egg white, and salt. Then add evaporated cane juice and mix with a mixer until it becomes light in color, about 1 minute. Stir in applesauce. In a separate bowl add flour and xanthan gum, mix well then add to the egg mixture. Stir in vanilla. Spray waffle maker with cooking spray. I cooked mine on setting 4. You'll have to see how dark in color you want your depending on the cooking setting. After it is cooked, wrap around the cone shape and pinch the bottom to make sure there isn't a hole. Let cool for 1 minute then remove from cone shape. Once cooled all the way add Rice Dream Frozen Dessert and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment