Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Teriyaki Sauce

My favorite teriyaki sauce is one that has pineapple juice added to it. Of course it also has the corn syrup and other things in it too. So I've been looking for a recipe that could help start me in the right direction for a yummy teriyaki sauce that has pineapple in it. I never would have thought that my search would lead me to ehow.com, but it did and that is where I found a recipe. I did of course make changes to it. :] I loved how it turned out! I can't wait to use it as a marinade this summer at BBQ's.
Homemade Teriyaki Sauce
Ingredients
1 cup braggs liquid aminos
2 teaspoons garlic, minced
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 20oz can of pineapple tidbits in natural syrup
1/4 cup cold water
2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions
In a sauce pan simmer braggs, garlic, organic brown sugar, rice vinegar and ginger for 5 minutes. Then add the juice from the pineapples, reserve pineapples for later. Boil for 5 more minutes. In a cup mix together cold water and cornstarch. Add to the sauce and boil for another minutes until sauce thickens. Add pineapples to sauce and enjoy!
Teriyaki Sauce with Chicken and Peppers
Ingredients
1 recipe teriyaki sauce
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, filleted
2 sweet peppers (orange, red, or yellow), sliced
2 cups cooked rice, or quinoa
Directions
Place filleted chicken breasts in a 9X13 inch cooking pan. Pour teriyaki sauce over chicken and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to marinate. Preheat oven to 425*F. Add peppers to chicken and sauce. Stir to coat. Cover cooking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Serve on cooked rice or quinoa and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this :) I'm going to try this as a jumping off point for my marinade today!

    ReplyDelete