Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Butternut Squash Soup

If you have been following my blog you know by now how much I love butternut squash. I have experimented with several different soup recipes. Not one of them has turned out. I don't know what it is. I have even tried to follow the directions and the ingredients of recipes exactly. But not one of the butternut squash soup recipes could I even stand to give to my children let alone share it with you! Well today we have a winner. This soup is extremely smooth and creamy. I had no idea how well beef broth could be with butternut squash. It really is tasty. Now it's not my favorite way to eat butternut squash, but it was good, and extremely simple. When you see what is in it you will want to try just to see for yourself. Well at least that is why I decided to try it anyways. :] Hope you like it, and happy eating!


Butter Squash Soup


Ingredients
1 small butternut squash
1 can reduced fat beef broth
salt to taste

Directions
Preheat oven to 400*F. Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet inside down. Bake until a fork and be inserted in squash easily, about 20-30 minutes. Remove squash from the oven and scoop out the insides with a spoon (you will need 2 1/2 cups of squash for every 1 can of broth). Place in a pot on stove top and add the broth. Use a hand mixer, or transfer soup to a blender to puree smooth. Cook until heated through, and enjoy!

Yep that's it, it's that simple!!
original recipe found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment