Monday, December 20, 2010

Sugar Cookies

My neighbor asked me for my recipe, really it's my mom's with some of my changes, for some sugar cookies that we had taken her. I told her it was on my blog. When I double checked I couldn't believe that it wasn't there! We make these several times through out the year. Our biggest times are Valentine's Day and Christmas.
These really are the best, and most healthy, sugar cookies you'll ever taste. They are perfectly chewy, soft, and moist, with a little extra hint of flavor from the spices. I am constantly getting compliments on them. Even if these in this picture don't look the best, not my finest hour in decorating, they do taste wonderful!
Sugar Cookies
Ingredients
3 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cup evaporated cane juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, solid form
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions
Preheat oven to 400*F. Cream together coconut oil and evaporated cane juice. Then add flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Mix in remaining ingredients until soft dough forms. Add more flour if necessary. Roll our on floured surface to 1/4" thick. Cut in desired shapes. bake for 8 minutes. These cookies do not need to brown to be done. Cool on cooling racks. Then frost and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment