Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Nacho Turkey Casserole

At the beginning of last month my uncle and aunt had Canadian Thanksgiving. My aunt is from Canada so we celebrate it every year. It's great to get two Thanksgivings in one year. They had left overs for the first time in I don't know how long, so I took some home. I came across this recipe. I was so excited because I already had some cooked turkey in the fridge. It was very easy and extremely delicious. The only thing I would warn or change is the salsa. The first time I made this I used salsa that was a little too hot for my children. When I made it with chicken I cooked it before adding it and it was great too. I'm excited to make this again with turkey with the leftovers from Thanksgiving next week!
Nacho Turkey Casserole
Ingredients
5 cups slightly crushed tortilla chips
4 cups cube cooked turkey or chicken*
2 cups salsa
1/4 cup light sour cream
2 tablespoons barley flour
1 cup shredded mozzarella or Cheddar cheese
2 medium tomatoes diced
Directions
Preheat oven to 350* F. Lightly grease a 13x9x2 inch baking dish. Place 3 cups of the tortillas chips on the bottom of the dish. In a large bowl combine salsa, sour cream, flour, turkey, and diced tomatoes. Spoon over tortilla chips. Bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with the remaining 2 cups tortilla chips and cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes more or until heated through. Serve and enjoy!
*if you want to do it with chicken, I cooked 2 boneless skinless chicken breast in chicken broth until cooked through. Then cubed it and add it when you are to add the turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment