Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday!!

Today for our Wisdom Wednesday I wanted to talk about something I had never thought about before. It all started when my daughter came home from preschool with a very unusual homework assignment. One day she was to go though our kitchen and see if she could name all of the vegetables. The next day the assignment was to do the same with the fruits. At first I thought it was a ridiculous assignment. Of course my children know what fruits and vegetables are and can name them (well she did think the grapefruit was an orange :]). We eat them all of the time. I even try to get different ones that I've never heard of and we all try them. But then I realized that most families are not like mine. Most families have not been through the health problems that we have been through so their eating habits are not the same. Now I'm not saying that people are bad if they don't eat as many fruits and vegetables as I do, or even as many as my children do. But it did get me thinking, "Do I talk to my children about the importance of fruits and veggies?" I don't think I do. I think it's important that they know why they should be eating them. How eating them can help us be stronger and more healthy. So today I am posing two questions, "What and/or how do you tell your children about the importance of eating fruits and vegetables? and Do your children know the names of the fruits and vegetables they are eating?" I hope this helps you to think as much as did for me. Happy Healthier Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment