Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti

One night we came home late. I was in a rush for dinner and didn't have that much time to make anything, so I thought. I looked in the fridge and saw the spaghetti squash that I had cooked the day before. I wasn't sure what to do with it and then I thought, Spaghetti sauce is really quick and easy to make. I put them together in less than 30 minutes! I was surprised that I hadn't thought of this earlier. It was so delicious! The spaghetti squash made the sauce just a little sweeter than normal, which was like candy to me. My children loved it, so now it is on the love list. Hope you enjoy it too!
Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti
Ingredients
1 medium or small spaghetti squash cooked and taken out of shell
3 8oz. cans tomato sauce, with salt
1/4 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1/2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
3/4 tablespoon dried onion flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
Directions
In a medium saucepan add all of the ingredients except for the squash. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover, stirring occasionally. Simmer for at least 10 minutes. The longer you simmer the thicker the sauce becomes. Serve over cooked spaghetti squash, top with medium Cheddar or Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment