Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mixed Berry topped Cake

I've been making a lot of desserts lately. And here I go with cakes again, I can't help myself, cakes are so fun to make and experiment with! This picture makes the cake look like it's really runny and way too moist. It really isn't. I promise! I made one of these once to take to my neighbors and I put the berries on their and mine at the same time. I took theirs over to them. Then I came home, made dinner, ate and cleaned up dinner, and then we had the cake and it wasn't gooey inside at all. Just enough of the sweet juices from the berries had fallen into the cake. This really is one of my more healthy and still very delicious cakes, I hope you enjoy all of it's guilt free goodness!
Mixed Berry topped Cake
Ingredients
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups evaporated cane juice
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup rice milk
3/4 cup applesauce
2 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F. In a small bowl combine the mixed berries with 2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice let sit on counter until ready to use. In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt, and evaporated cane juice. Then add the eggs, vanilla, rice milk, applesauce, and combine well. Pour into a parchment lined, and sprayed with non stick cooking spray, 9 inch cake pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool slightly. Then remove cake from pan and remove parchment paper. When cooled completely, spoon mixed berries over cake, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment