Monday, November 29, 2010

Mini Ginger Cookies

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. Mine was fun, busy, tasty, and also tiring. :] I just love being with family!
I saw these cookies demoed on Studio 5. They looked so yummy! I like the flavor of ginger cookies but I don't like how hard they are. These cookies are very moist, chewy, and simply delicious. I've made lots already and given lots away too. :] They are very addicting and good for you. Did you know that Molasses has lots of natural iron in it? It does, so with my modifications you don't have to feel bad one bit about eating more than one of these.
Mini Ginger Cookies
Ingredients
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 1/2 cup evaporated cane juice
1/4 cup full flavor molasses
2 eggs
3 cups spelt flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F. Melt coconut oil so it becomes a liquid. Add evaporated cane juice, molasses, and egg. Beat well. Sift together flour, baking soda, and spices. Add to fist mixture. Mix well; chill. Form into 1/2" balls. Roll balls in some evaporated cane juice and place on a greased cookie sheet. Flatten with the bottom of a glass. Bake for 8-10 minutes. DO NOT OVER BAKE! If you do then you will get hard cookies. Cool and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment