Thursday, July 8, 2010

Barbeque Chicken Loaf

My kids love meat loaf. I've been wanting to try other types of meat in loafs. When I saw this recipe I thought it sounded good and I've never used ground chicken before. I changed the original recipe so much that I have also changed the name. I really enjoyed this. To me it was a different take on BBQ chicken. My kids loved it! In fact my oldest, who is 6, has asked me to make it several times. I don't use loaf pans when I make my meat loafs. I like it a little better flat, cut into squares, but that is just me. Enjoy something different!
Barbeque Chicken Loaf
Ingredients
1 pound ground chicken
2 eggs
1 small onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons ketchup
4 teaspoons honey barbeque sauce
1 1/2 cups Gluten free multi grain crackers, crushed
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F. In a large bowl combine the chicken, crackers, egg, onion, and garlic. Mix together, then add ketchup and barbeque sauce. Mix well and pour into a bread loaf pan or casserole dish. Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes. Remove and spread extra honey barbeque sauce on top, just enough to cover. Put back in oven and turn oven off. Let sit in hot oven for an additional 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment