Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday!!

For today's Wisdom Wednesday I wanted to share will you a web site that I use. It is nutritiondata.self.com. I love this site! Well to be honest I haven't really used most of the site. I mostly use the nutritional info it gives on food. It truly is amazing! You type in what the foods name and it will give you a list of what comes closest to what you are looking for. For example if you type in Kale, it will give you a list of... Kale, Frozen or Kale, Raw. Once you find what you are looking for you click on it. Then it gives in detail what is in the food, minerals, vitamins, glycemic index, and so on. It is fun to see what is or isn't in the food you eating. This is and would be a good site for someone who is just becoming a vegan or has to cut all dairy out of their diet. They would be able to search on here the foods they are mostly eating and see what essential vitamins and minerals they are lacking or missing completely out of their new diet. Having said that there is one thing to remember when you look at the values of the food, This sites information is based on if the food has been grown in good soil and does have all of what it is suppose to. It is based on how the food should be but maybe not how it really is depending on how or where the food was grown. Anyhow, I like this site and I hope you find it as helpful as I have. Happy Healthier Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment