Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Scone Nubbins

Growing up when ever we had Navajo Tacos, posted yesterday, my mom always made what she called Scone Nubbins from the left over dough. As kids we loved taking the small scones and dipping them in honey butter. It's always fun when you get to eat with your hands! We would eat them for dessert. My mom would also make extra and save them for breakfast the next morning. We would then eat them with some fruit. I do the same for my children. They love it just as much as I did! You make the dough the same way as the scones for Navajo Tacos.
Scone Nubbins
How to roll them out
Take a larger amount of dough than you would for a normal scone. Still roll it out about 1/4" thick. Then take a pizza cutter and cut dough into small bite size squares. Be extra careful while placing these into the oil. Turn over when edges start to turn brown. Because these are much smaller sometimes you will get a nubbin that puffs up like a ball. To get them to turn over I use a slotted spoon to help them turn. I also use the slotted spoon to get them out so the excess oil can drain. Let cool slightly on a napkin covered plate. Dip or over with honey butter and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment