Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cumin Turkey Burgers

I've realized that I'm not the best at taking pictures of the food that I make. I'm sorry about that, and I'll work on it. To me this turkey burger really doesn't look that good, but they are so extremely yummy!! It took me a couple of tries to get these just right. Now I've made them so many times this summer. I love that they are very quick to make, so if some friends what to get together for a BBQ I can say sure I'll come and not have to worry about not being able to eat any of the food. I wanted to make it look like a normal burger in the picture but really I use lettuce as a bun instead of the bread.
Cumin Turkey Burgers
Ingredients
1 egg
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons bragg's liquid aminos
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup smashed/crushed GF crackers, I always use these
1 pound ground turkey
Directions
In a bowl combine egg, garlic, bragg's, worcestershire sauce, cumin, mustard, chili powder, and crackers. Then add ground turkey and combine well. It will be sticky. Form turkey into patties, you may need to put a little water on your hands to keep the turkey from sticking to it. Put patties on a glass plate and put into fridge to cool until ready to cook (if you use a paper plate the patties will stick to it).
Cook on grill until no longer pink in the center, about 4 minutes on both sides. An instant-read thermometer should read 165*F when put into center of patties. Serve on whole wheat buns with your favorite toppings and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment