Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday!!

How to make:
Organic Powdered Sugar
When I tell people that I make my own powdered sugar they don't think it is really that easy. But it really is. So today for our Wisdom Wednesday I'm going to show you step by step how I make it at home using only a few things that most kitchens have.

To start off with, this is what you will need:
A basic blender, really this is all I use, Evaporated Cane Juice, Corn starch, one cup measuring cup, and one tablespoon.
First, take one tablespoon of corn starch,
and put it into the blender.
Next, take one cup of evaporated cane juice,
and put it into the blender.
Then place lid on blender and turn it on to the highest setting it has.
It will then start to work it's magic. Sometimes to speed up time I will tilt the base of the blender while holding the top on so the blades will continue to blend.
See it start to turn a little white.
After about 3-4 minutes, or less depending on if you tilted or not, it will look like this.
And there you have it, organic homemade powdered sugar.
I keep mine in jar on the counter for quick access. I usually make 2 or 3 batches at a time unless I need it for frosting, then I'll make more. I've never tried to double a batch. I've only done one cup at a time. I don't think my blender could do it and do a good job. Maybe a vita mix could do a double batch?
That's it, really that is all it takes. Only a few minutes and you have a healthier and much cheaper alternative! Happy Healthier eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment