Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Banana Bread French Toast

A few weeks ago I made the Low Gluten Banana Bread I posted yesterday. I forgot to add the rice milk so it turned out very dry. I didn't think that any one would eat the bread until my oldest son suggested we make french toast out of it. I thought it sounded a little crazy. But that is what I do all the time, experiment. And he agreed to eat it no matter what it tasted like. Boy was I surprised at how delicious it was!! Instantly it became a family favorite! I usually make the small loafs of bread. They are prefect for dipping in the syrup, so that makes this breakfast extra fun to eat too.
Banana Bread French Toast
Ingredients
4 eggs
1/2 cup rice milk
3 teaspoons nutmeg
Sliced Banana Bread
Directions
Heat griddle to 375*. Whip eggs, rice milk, and nutmeg in a flat bottomed bowl. Dip both sides of banana bread in mixture and place on griddle. Flip over after a minute or two. The bottom should be browned, if not cook for a little longer before flipping. After both sides are cooked, dip in syrup and enjoy!
If your banana bread turned out great and not dry, cut slices the night before and leave out on the counter. This will help them dry out a little. You don't have to do that if you don't mind the bread being a little more moist.

No comments:

Post a Comment