Friday, April 2, 2010

Hummingbird Nests

Now these are not what I would call healthy, just fun for the holiday.
In our family we do most of our Easter activities tomorrow, Saturday. So I made these bird no bake cookies today. I thought they looked cute and there wasn't much to change so my family could eat them. I thought they turned out just like the picture from familyfun.com (that is where I got the recipe). These were very easy to do and my kids were so excited to eat them. If you like coconut you'll like these.
Hummingbird Nests Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup carob chips
1 cup shredded coconut
Evaporated cane juice jelly beans
Directions
Melt carob chips, following the directions on the bag. When the carob is smooth, stir in the coconut, then drop the mixture by the heaping tablespoon onto waxed paper lined cookie sheets. While the nest are still warm, use your thumbs to poke an impression into the middle of each. If they are too sticky slightly wet you thumb first. Cool, then fill with jelly beans for the eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment