Thursday, April 22, 2010

Soy-Glazed Squash

If you haven't noticed yet, I love squash. I am always looking for new ways to cook it. When I found the original recipe here, I thought it looked yummy and reallya different way to cook it. I'd never had squash in this way before. It was very yummy and I like the changes I made to it. I hope you do too, happy cooking!
Soy-Glazed Squash
Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
Orange juice from one orange
3 tablespoons all natural bragg liquid aminos
1 tablespoon organic brown evaporated cane juice
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions
Preheat oven to 425*F. Place squash in a lightly greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
In a small bowl combine orange peel, orange juice, braggs, brown evaporated cane juice, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Drizzle over squash, tossing to coat.
Roast, uncovered, in oven for 20-25 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring twice. Stir cubes again before serving. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment