Monday, April 26, 2010

Smore Crispy Squares

Sorry about the picture. My nice camera is broken and this picture turned out a little blurry with my old camera.
After we roasted the homemade marshmallows and made smores, I had a thought, "What if I could make rice crispy squares out of my homemade marshmallows?" Then I saw my gluten free Chocolate brown rice crisps and thought, "What if I could make them taste like smores?" I got so excited I started experimenting! The end product is very yummy. They didn't turn out quite like I expected. They don't taste exactly like a smore, but what does unless it's a smore right? My kids and I still like these very much and they got put on the 'make it again' list.
Smore Crispy Squares
Ingredients
4 cups brown rice coco crisps
1 1/4 cups smashed graham crackers (make sure the pieces are not very big)
2 cups melted homemade marshmallows
Directions
Mix brown rice coco crisps and smashed graham crackers in a large bowl. Melt marshmallows in microwave for a few seconds then stir, repeating until marshmallows are liquid. Or heat over low on the stove top. Then add marshmallows to crisps/cracker mixture. Stir well making sure to coat all of the crisps. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan. Wet hands to smash. Put in fridge to set up. Once set, cut into squares and enjoy! These are also yummy when you drizzle melted carob on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment