Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Crock Pot Tin-Foil Dinner

(in the picture my potatoes are cut too big!)
My family loves, I mean LOVES, to cook tin foil dinners. There is just something about being outside on a perfect summer night with your family, a camp fire, and food. We just can't get enough of it. Really any excuse we get to make a fire and cook in it we do. So a few nights ago I thought, "What if I could make a large tin foil dinner in the crock pot?" There are many ways to make a tin foil dinner. This is usually what I put in mine, so that is what I experiment with. :] It turned out so yummy, and very close to the real thing. It was missing a few crispy sides and some of the soot from the fire. Other than that it was same, very delicious.
Crock Pot Tin-Foil Dinner
Ingredients
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can Cream of Chicken soup, undiluted
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
8 medium potatoes, washed and cubed (make sure not to cube too big or they'll take longer to cook)
1/2 to 3/4 small bag mini carrots
1 green bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced

Directions

Mix Soups, celery salt, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Salt and pepper the chicken. Pour 1/2 of the soup mixture in the bottom of the crock pot. Add Carrots, potatoes, and chicken. Pour remaining soup mixture on top. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are soft. With 30 minutes left in cooking time, stir and then place bell peppers on top and cover. When finished cooking stir one more time before serving to coat peppers. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Curious about what type soup you are using as most Cream of ... soups contain gluten. I'm gluten-intolerant also. I have found gluten-free "cream of" soups at Sprouts, etc. but they can be pricey. Recipe looks yummy though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right there are gluten free cream of.. soups that don't have gluten in them, and they are a lot more money. Because I am only gluten intolerant I can handle the cream of..soups that have gluten in them. I like to use Campbell's and I buy them when they go down to .50 cents a can. Then I stock up. I've been told that it's really easy to make your own cream of....soup but I haven't found a recipe for one yet. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions. :]

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete