Thursday, June 3, 2010

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread/Muffins

I love pumpkin bread. My neighbor, we'll call her CW, has the most amazing pumpkin bread recipe. It was very simple to modify it a little and make it even more yummy to eat. I think things can taste better just knowing that it is good for you. I only make this into bread every once in a while. I mostly make muffins out of it. My kids love to eat them with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Plus these are a great afternoon snack. They also freeze really well, which is great because this recipe makes lots!
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Bread/Muffins
Ingredients
1 large can pumpkin
1/2 cup apple sauce
2 eggs, beaten
3 1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 to 2 cups honey
Directions
Preheat oven to 350*F. Mix all ingredients well. Pour into 3 greased loaf pans and bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For muffins: grease muffin tins or use liners. Scoop batter to fill each muffin 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment