Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Low Gluten Pumpkin Bread/Muffins

I was so extra excited when these turned out! Like I said here, I love pumpkin bread. Now it's low gluten and still so very yummy!! I used the same original recipe from my neighbor CW that I talked about last week. Can you just smell the pumpkin with all the delicious spices? I can!
Low Gluten Pumpkin Bread/Muffins
Ingredients
1 15oz can pumpkin
1/4 cup applesauce sauce
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons LG flour mix
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/ teaspoons ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 cup honey
Directions
Preheat oven to 320* F. Mix all ingredients well. Pour into 1 or 2 greased loaf pans. Bake for 60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
For muffins: grease muffin tins or use liners. Scoop out batter into tins, fill each tin 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15-20 minutes or toothpick come out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment