Monday, June 28, 2010

Potato Salad

I like potato salad, but I do not like store bought potato salad at all. I don't like pickles that much so maybe that is why. But then again this recipe, that I got from my amazing mother, has pickle juice in it. So maybe it is because I like simple potato salad. They put way too many things in store bought potato salad. I like how simple this recipe is and yet it has a very yummy flavor to it. When ever I take it to BBQ's I get tons of good comments about it. People are always shocked when I tell them what is in it. They can't believe that that is it. So if you're looking for a potato salad that is extremely easy to make with lots of wonderful flavor, you've come to the right place. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Potato Salad
Ingredients
16 medium potatoes
14 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1 3/4 cup Fat Free Mayonnaise
1 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 1/4 teaspoon mustard
3 tablespoon honey
4 tablespoons pickle juice
Directions
Wash potatoes. Place potatoes in large pot, cover with water, and boil on stove top until you can insert a butter knife easily into the potatoes. Drain water and let cool. In the mean time, in a medium bowl combine Mayonnaise, celery salt, mustard, honey, and pickle juice. Make sure the honey gets completely dissolved. Set aside. Once the potatoes are cooled, peel and then cube. Then cube hard boiled eggs. Combine potatoes, eggs, and sauce in a medium size bowl, making sure the potatoes and eggs are completely covered. Place in fridge until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment