Monday, August 30, 2010

Garlicky Butternut Squash

How is your garden doing? Mine is doing awesome! I have so many squash that are coming, but not quite ready. I'm getting so excited for more experimenting with them! I loved this recipe. My kids liked it too. My little 2 year old would ask for more and more. I was reluctant to give him more because I wanted to have left overs. :] I took it as a compliment that he liked it so much, and yes I did give him as much as he wanted. This really does have a perfect blend of garlic without taking away from the squash itself, and very easy to make for a side dish. You can cook your main dish while this is baking. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
Garlicky Butternut Squash
Ingredients
2 tablespoons dried parsley leaves
3 tablespoon butter, melted (ICBINB)
1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes, 1 medium or 1/2 of a large squash
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Directions
Preheat oven to 400*F. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, butter, garlic, and salt. Add squash and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow parchment lined 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, for 40 minutes. At 20minutes remove from oven and stir gently. Put back in oven and continue cooking for remaining 20 minutes or until squash is just tender. Top with cheese, serve warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment