Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Orange Honey Garlic Crock Pot Chicken

Because it was so hot in July I used my crock pot several times. The original recipe I used to get this recipe is for a marinade. But it sounded so good I just had to try changing a few things and making in the crock pot. I loved how it turned out, sweet, a little tangy, with a hint of orange. And you know me I love sweet peppers so I think they make a great addition too, but you don't have to add them.
Orange Honey Garlic Crock Pot Chicken
Ingredients
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons braggs' liquid aminos
3 tablespoons honey
3/4 cup orange juice
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano flakes
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/2 green pepper, sliced
1/2 red sweet pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow or orange pepper, sliced
1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
Directions
In a medium size bowl combine the braggs, honey, orange juice, garlic, oregano, paprika, and corn starch. Place chicken in crock pot and cover with mixture. Cook on high for 5 hours. Remove chicken and slightly shred. Return to crock pot and top with sweet peppers. Cover and cook for another 10 -20 minutes depending on how well done you like your peppers. Stir in peppers before serving on cooked quinoa.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I found your blog and i'm so excited to try some things out! SO what is liquid aminos

    ReplyDelete