Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wisdom Wednesday!!

Sugar Addiction
I've talked a lot about sugar. Last week I talked about your blood sugar. I've talked about refined sugar substitutes. On my first Wisdom Wednesday post I talked about the process of refined sugar and then went on to talk about the chemical reaction that sugar has on your brain that makes it addictive. To refresh your memory on that click here. So when I saw this article giving 10 tactics for overcoming your sugar addiction I thought I would touch on the subject again. I really liked his approaches. The only thing that I would change to his article or add to it would be this: when you are trying to get off refined sugars your body can go through withdrawals. I know that sounds funny because you're thinking it's only sugar. But remember it causes a chemical reaction in your brain so your body will crave it. So when you start to get the shakes and your cravings get really intense, grab some protein. The protein will help your body to calm down and your cravings will go away. So remember when you remove sugar from your diet replace it with healthy foods and lots of protein. For the rest of the 10 tactic for overcoming your sugar addiction go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment